Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Echo beats the Grammys




Great day today! Took a long walk along the East river with Hunter, Steve Martin and our two little doggies, Parker and Priscilla.



I took a pause when we reached the end of our walk and took my oxygen off and breathed natural air for a few minutes. It felt sooo good! More of that please :-)

My heart seems to be more at rest which is such a nice feeling! For so long it's been pounding away.  It's felt like a salsa band was performing right behind my chest wall. It seems that they have now found themselves a new performance location. I had forgotten what a calm body feels like!!! When my heart starts to have a moment and a bit of worry kicks in, I lay on my right side and it calms down again.

I'm going for another echocardiogram on Friday and I'm hoping and praying that it shows that I've improved! I feel that I have. Funny how the things I used to want are not the things I want now. Winning a lifetime supply of Grammys doesn't even compare to the joy I would feel from having test results indicating an improved echo! Who would have thought!!! :-)

Hope you are having a great, happy, meaningful Sunday!



See you at the next,

 xx
Chloe

A wonderful friend sent over the following passage which I wanted to share with you:

For need can blossom into all the compensation it requires. To crave and to have are as like as a thing and its shadow. For when does a berry break upon the tongue as sweetly as when one longs to taste it, and when is the taste refracted into so many hues and savors of ripeness and earth, and when do our senses know any thing so utterly as when we lack it? And here is the foreshadowing - the world will be made whole. For to wish for a hand on one's hair is all but to feel it. So whatever we may lose, very craving gives it back to us again. Though we may dream and hardly know it, longing, like an angel, fosters us, smooths our hair, and brings us wild strawberries.

--Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson








No comments:

Post a Comment